And yet, here we are, just a couple hours from the 2011 season kicking off and I can't help but be excited for this team. Why do I find this team so much more enjoyable than the putrid version from last year? Thinking about it, I quickly came up with a list of reasons why 2011 is so much better.
- No Theriot.
- No Fontenot.
- No Sam Fuld.
- No fans clamoring for Sam Fuld.
- No Carlos Silva.
- Mike Quade dropping F bombs.
- Mike Quade actually giving a shit (Sorry Lou, but you really mailed it in last season).
- Dempster, Garza, Zambrano, Wells, Cashner is a rotation I can endorse.
- Kerry Wood's fucking back where he belongs.
- Carlos Pena replaces D-Lee and will be a bigger clubhouse presence than Lee was.
- Marlon Byrd is still around.
- There hasn't been much news about Soriano this spring which tells me he's feeling good.
- Darwin Barney has promise to overthrow the double-headed monster of crap at 2B.
- Tyler Colvin will emerge as an everyday RF and Kosuke will be reduced to 4th OF spot starter status.
- Starlin Castro is the first Cubs SS I didn't fucking hate since...Shawon Dunston?
- Keith Moreland is in the booth with Pat.
- Did I mention no Carlos Silva? Well, it's worth mentioning twice. The lousy bastard.
Is this the year? Oh lord no. But at least it should be a fun one.